AXN
Hello! Welcome to AXN's forum! If you see this message, then you're one of the privileged few...

Seen it Before

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seen it Before

Post  Tom Midas on Tue May 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Tom is seen whistling, twirling his barbwire baseball bat, last seen in Golden Championship Wrestling, in his hand as he walks from his car towards the entrance into the backstage area. He pauses as he hears two sets of coughing to his left. As he turns, he sees Marcurcio and Krimsin glaring at him from a stereotypically dimly lit corner of the parking lot.

Tom: "Err, hello there... what did you call yourselves? Like not your individual names, but your... alliance name or whatever. I can't pronounce your-"

Tom points to Marcurcio

Tom: "Italian or whatever name. So until then I'll just call the two of your Krimsin and Ko. Back to my original train of thought however... hello there, and why are you two standing beneath that broken light?"

Neither Krimsin or Marcurcio respond, neither even move. Tom raises an eyebrow and subconsciously prepares his bat to swing... just in case.

Tom: "Anyway.... I won last week. Fairly poignantly. So I guess you're speechless when proven wrong? When I show you that I am every iota of the... warrior, gladiator, or whatever you said that you are? Speechless at the thought you might... heh, no, you -will- lose tonight?  I'd imagine my whole reason to wrestle collapsing around me would do that to myself I suppose."

Tom pauses, but yet again Marc and Krimsin remain silent.

Tom: "Yeah, you see, we all have a reason to be here, to be wrestling. You're here to fight, the "kill" if you will being what drives you. I'm sure there are a few individuals here solely for monetary benefit. Probably some here for the glory, to be a "rockstar". What am -I- here for you might be wondering? Well I'm here to live my dream since I was a kid. I will wrestle, I will entertain, and I will thrive in this business. You know what this is?"

Tom raises his bat and points it toward Marcurcio.

Tom: "This is what I used to succeed years ago in one of my previous promotions, one where people could even more assuredly pretend I have more weight in the politics aspect of wrestling than the rest. It was called GCW. You want to know something though? Tidus... Err, Tidal... Hieu. They both know the type of man I am. The three of us may have butted heads back in GCW but now... We all know... we all realize we're the last of GCW's roster still wrestling. Maybe that's why they decided to come to AXN... as a last bastion at simpler, easier times. Maybe they didn't care and just are showing up for a paycheck."

Tom lowers his bat for a second, wondering if that second option was truly the correct one... but then raises his bat back up, this time pointing to Krimsin.

Tom: "You might be wondering why I'm going on about the past Krimsin. Well there was a fellow individual I knew of. I don't know if I can speak his name here since he's not under contract... but you know what, let's just say he was a giant hulking mass of muscle, like you. He and I actually knew of one another before GCW was even a dream. You want to know the thing though? He was like you for a while... obsessed with causing pain, with being the strongest and showing it. You want to know what happened? He's gone..."

Tom pauses for a long moment, sighing and wiping something away from his eyes that he mutters is dust before looking straight up again and glaring at Krimsin.

Tom: "The point is, once your current drive disappears, once you lose enough to snap out of your viking style mindset, will you still be left standing, or will I once again be the sole man left standing..."

Tom turns around and begins to walk off, but he turns around once he finally hears Marcurcio speak.

Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seen it Before

Post  King Krimsin on Tue May 12, 2015 9:46 pm

He speaks softly, almost mystically, in a rich, deep, baritone, from off camera.

Marcurcio :  It would seem then, that you’re missing the point, friend...

Tom cocks an eyebrow, and the camera refixes to include all three men.  The majority of the shot is now occupied mostly by King Krimsin.  He is standing, big arms folded over chest, with a gruesome scowl on his worn, white, face.  Next to him, propped lazily up against the wall, is Marcurcio, the one to whom the voice belongs.  He is sneering defiantly into the face of Tom.

Tom :  ...  Oh?

Marcurcio spits emphatically, maybe spitefully, onto the ground next to him, before unfolding his arms, and standing, up straight, off the wall.  His face paints a picture of disgust, but his voice very rarely reciprocates it as he speaks.  His tone remains cool, for the most part.

Marcurcio :  You see...  The point, here, is not about what you have accomplished in GCW.  The point, here, has nothing to do with whether or not our bodies will endure the coming battle.  As a matter of fact, the point here has nothing to do with us...  

Tom wears a look of confused amusement, and looses the very slightest of chuckles at the pair standing across from him.  Marc’s eyes widen a bit in disbelief, and then just as quickly narrow, angrily, until they are mere slits.  His voice gets raspy, gravely, and, impossibly, deeper.

Marcurcio :  Tom..  Midas?...

Marc speaks as though he is thinking aloud;  it’s as though he is trying to locate information buried deep in his mind.  Tom sarcastically breaks the momentary silence.

Tom :  Hmm...?

Marc pays no attention to Tom’s antics.  It is a second longer, before Marc returns to the conversation, from deep in the annals of his mind, just as angry and disgusted.

Marcurcio :  Im wondering... Maybe you have gone by another name in the past?  You speak as though you have so much experience, and yet.. We have never heard of you, prior to a couple of weeks ago...

Before Tom can respond, Marc continues.

See.. the POINT that is failing to permeate that distorted, baseborn, head of yours is simple...

He leans in a bit closer to Tom, and lowers the volume of his voice almost to a whisper.  An evil, rakish, grin spreads wickedly across his face, and his tone manages to be both forboding, and alluring.

You have -never- seen anything like -us-, before...

King cracks a spontaneous grin, that vanishes almost as quickly as it appears, as Marc takes a step back toward him, grinning at Tom, before continuing excitedly.

You are right about one thing.. history DOES repeat itself.  The King wasn’t handed that title.. it was TAKEN Grasps at thin air for emphasis through bloody conquest!!  His prize from the gods, for his victories in the court of battle!!

The excitement in his face and tone lower, once more, yet he still wears a half smile of disgust.

Marcurcio :  You are a FOOLISH man, Tom Midas, if you think King Krimsin to be ‘just another opponent.’  Foolish...  and calamitous... tsk tsk

For centuries, men have tried to dethrone the King.  And, history will repeat itself tonight, Tom Midas.  I do not envy you, friend... Ha ha ha...

Marc chuckles menacingly, while he and King Krimsin, glower, dubiously, back at Tom.
King Krimsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Midas on Thu May 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Tom just grins at Marcurcio as he points towards the backstage area, and more specifically in the direction leading to the ring.

Tom: "I suppose we'll just have to see if Mr. King over there will be... hehe, 'dethroned' soon. By the way, history doesn't -always- repeat itself."

With that, Tom turns and walks off, heading to a different location to prepare for his match without distractions.

Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  King Krimsin on Fri May 15, 2015 7:50 pm

As Tom exits the shot, Marc and King Krimsin both take a step forward, becoming the sole focus of the camera.  They stare, threateningly into the direction toward which Tom is heading.  

After a second, or two, Marc once again spits, angrily, onto the concrete next to him, and gazes back into Tom’s direction, with utter disdain in his eyes.  Without taking his eyes off of their fixed position, he leans in a bit closer to his mammoth counterpart.  The rich, full, baritone nature of his speaking voice is amplified as he softly remarks to King Krimsin.

Marcurcio :  I can feel your confidence... You know your great victory is nigh...

King’s previously steady scowl turns upward into a wicked, cocky, smirk.

Don’t let an ounce of your wraith go unfelt...  And do NOT underestimate this Midas character...

Marc finally turns his gaze toward the man to whom he is speaking.  He looks up into the face of King Krimsin, and continues.  King does not look down to meet his gaze; he remains grinning wickedly in the direction in which Tom left.

-They- demand that he be dispatched.

Something about what Marc says to King Krimsin finally jerks his attention toward toward the former.

Absolutely...  Wholly..  Completely...

King’s face morphs into a picture of unmitigated rage, and his breathing begins to gain pace.  He returns his gaze to its previous position, and violently shouts.

King Krimsin :  KRIMSIN..  CRUSH!!!

The shot closes on King Krimsin’s heavy breathing, and face of hatred, and Marcurcio’s impish, evil, grin.
King Krimsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum