AXN
Hello! Welcome to AXN's forum! If you see this message, then you're one of the privileged few...

A Fine Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Fine Introduction

Post  therausch09 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:16 pm

The live crowd in the arena cheer as the house lights drop down and their attention is diverted to the 'Tron. Its screen remains black but a strange sound begins to thump through the arena's sound system:
-
-
-
-
-
WHUMP
-
-
-
-
WHUMP
-
-
-
WHUMP
-
-
WHUMP
-
WHUMP
-
WHUMP
-
WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP
-
The loud sound overtakes the entire arena for several long moments before gradually growing fainter. The 'Tron comes to life and shows a closeup of an unknown face. The man staring back seems to be in the cockpit of a helicopter, manning the controls himself with a very worried looking co-pilot sitting next to him. The unknown man wears a white sailor's cap with a black anchor on it. He has a pilot's headset over the cap, yellow aviators shielding his eyes, and a hint of long-ish dirty blonde hair hanging out from either side of the cap. He smirks into the camera and begins speaking loudly over the dying WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP of the chopper's blades.
-
Sweeney Antoine: "Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen of the AXN Universe. My name is Sweeney Antoine, and it appears to be time for me to introduce myself to you.
-
You see, about a week ago, I got a call from one Shepherd Blue. I think you all know him as the General Manager of this fine organization..."
-
Sweeney smiles cheesily for half a second before continuing on.
-
Sweeney Antoine: "Well, I don't think I need to tell you, but when you get a phone call from a General Manager, you're pretty much always getting a job offer.
-
And that's just what I got.
-
Mr. Blue apologized for the short notice, noting that the next AXN season starts - well - tonight... But I told him to worry not.
-
You see, I'm a fan of the finer things in life, friends. I don't drink tap water when I can drink thrice-filtered spring water. I don't buy my face wash in a drug store when I can just have it custom-made in Switzerland. And I don't waste time investing in land vehicles when I can get myself one of these beautiful babies."
-
He gestures around him with both hands, still smiling smugly into the camera.
-
Sweeney Antoine: "This right here is a Eurocopter Mercedes-Benz EC 145. She set me back a little over $7 Million, but with a top speed of 153 miles per hour and just a day to get from my elaborately luxurious home to this arena... well, she'll pay for herself once you all get to see me do my thing in the ring.
-
And you'll get the chance to see that very soon, because - well - I'm here!
-
Now how on Earth do we get off of this arena's roof, Mr. co-pilot man?"

therausch09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top